LoftyFiber Raddle and Accessories
LoftyFIber raddles make back-to-front warping easier. Attached to the castle or shafts at the top of the loom, it's easy to stand and spread the warp for beaming. Printed in sections that snap together, a raddle can be assembled quickly into a length appropriate for most any loom. Sections are available in 6", 4", and 2.5" lengths. The raddle can be taken apart for easy storage or transportation.
The raddles have 4 dents per inch, making it easy to spread the warp evenly. 1-inch spacing is also available. We send purple sleeves that can be placed over the joins to eliminating any snagging of very fine threads. Covers are available to provide a smooth place for the warp chain and to secure ends that have already been spread in the raddle.
Raddles can be attached using a set of end pieces, providing a smooth surface to attach a small clamp or clips that are specially designed for the most popular looms:
- Raddle clips are an option to attach the raddle to the castle. Use one or two raddle clips per section to clip to the raddle and attach to the castle, on top of the castle and to the raddle. These clips are sized to the castle. We currently offer these for Schacht Wolf, Leclerc Nilus and Larger Macomber looms.
- Raddle clips for Ashford table looms. The clips are shorter for the area behind the levers and taller for the area that dips down lower. See this separate listing for Ashford Table Loom raddles.
- On Louet looms, we have a clip that fits over top of the Louet built-in raddle. This is great for larger threads or dense warps on Louet looms. See this listing for Louet Looms.
- Raddle Kits are bundled for the Schacht looms here.
- If you already have a LoftyFiber raddle and want to purchase clips below, plan on having 2 clips per 6-inch section. The raddle clips make the raddle very sturdy and less likely to bow with heavy tensioning.
Raddles and clips as of mid August 2022 have undergone some upgrades to a stronger material, grooves to allow castle clips to attach firmly to the raddle and caps that fit and slide more easily.