Euroflax Multicolor 16/1 Linen
This single ply 100% linen yarn is spun from blended flax colors for an earthy, textured yarn. We've named the colors for rocks and minerals. This linen is not as smooth as regular Euroflax, so expect some stickiness when using in the warp.
This yarn can be used in warp and weft. As with any single ply, it's less strong for the warp than a 2-ply yarn; if concerned about handling the single ply in the warp, consider pairing with the 30/2 Euroflax for the warp and using this yarn as the weft. The 30/2 linen is very close to the same size as this 16/1 yarn. This weight makes lovely scarves, napkins and heirloom towels.
This weight can also be used as weft yarn with the Euroflax 14/2 yarn for a lovely towel fabric.
This yarn is available in 2-oz (595 yds) and 6-oz (1786 yds) cones. The yarn has 4762 yards per pound.
Possible setts for 16/1 linen are 20 (loose), 24 (firm plain weave), 28 (twills).
These yarns are difficult to photograph. A description of the colors below may be helpful:
- 10 - Yellow Apatite - Yellow and natural linen color with green / light brass undertone.
- 12 - Peridot Rock - natural linen with olive green
- 14 - Peridot Rock Light - half bleached linen with olive green
- 16 - Pink Quartz - Pink and natural Linen
- 18 - Natural Amethyst - Natural linen and purple fleck
- 20 - Azurite Granite - Natural linen and sky blue
- 22 - Natural Sapphire - Natural linen and cobalt blue
- 24 - Red Rock Canyon- Natural linen and red-orange
- 26 - Quartz Hematite - Brown, natural, rust and red
- 28 - Feldspar - Brown, Natural, flecks of orange
- 30 - Brown Monzazite - Cocoa brown and natural
- 50 - White and Jade - White and light spring green
- 54 - White Jasper - half bleached linen with dried apricot
- 56 - White Dolomite - half bleached linen with gold
- 58 - Granite - Natural light greys and browns
- 60 - Gneiss - Bleached linen and black
- 62 - Light Yellow Calcite - White and very pale hints of yellow
- 64 - Albite - White with hints of beige
- 66 - Light Pink Granite - white with hints of pink
- 68 - Light Azurite Granite - white with hints of periwinkle blue