Let's Knit Lace - Technique Class for Knitters - Starts Friday Sept 9th
Using Laura Nelkin’s free Ravelry Pattern, Forza, and #2 weight yarn, we will explore Lace Knitting. We will discuss the types of lace knitting around the world and learn basic lace knitting skills.
- Yarn Overs and how to make them match
- Reading a Chart
- Shaped Lace
- Integrated I-cord edging
- Lifelines, what are they and how are they used.
- Knitting two halves and grafting them together.
- Free Ravelry Pattern, Forza by Laura Nelkin.
- 1 size 5- 24 inch circular needle
- Highlighter tape
- Waste yarn or Lofty Laces
- Tapestry Needle
Class will run 4 weeks.
This 4-session class fee is $40, and must be paid in advance to reserve your seat.
Yarn must be purchased at LoftyFiber - requires one skein #2 weight yarn.
Runs 4 consecutive weeks, starting September 9th from 10am to noon with additional followup as needed!